Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Freeze-dried


After that glorious first day of March, the unusually cold weather of February continued – kinda sorta. Instead of snow, it's been sunny and windy, which feels more like the Midwest I remember than the Pacific NW. Everything looks and feels desiccated; there's not enough lotion to heal the painful cracks on my fingers and heels – but I think there is enough static electricity to power the house! It's a challenge to keep water open for the critters, and the bit of snow left in shaded areas is freeze-drying instead of melting. But today has felt a bit milder and moister, as some high clouds have moved in. There is both rain and snow in our forecast before temperatures moderate; Brian may have more snow delays or days yet.

The other night the tailless raccoon returned, looking for food; I was glad to see she still survives.

Sunday evening I made bread. It's a usual thing around here, but oh, so much nicer to turn the oven on in cold weather!

Rick and I have both been 'plying our crafts,' me here, there, and everywhere with a spindle and this delightful color-changing roving, Rick in his wood-shop with a gorgeous chunk of cherry.





The last of my orchid blossoms fell to the floor yesterday. I picked them up – and had an idea. Into that lovely bowl they went:

I'm so pleased with the results that I might enter the photo in a contest somewhere (without the 'signature'; what do you think?

At the recommendation of a friend, I've started the dogs on an oral OTC hyaluronic acid supplement. I haven't seen any change in Dozer, but it does seem to have helped Jackson some. He has been able to jump up on the bed again, after getting to the point where he couldn't, and has shown more interest in toys lately than he has in quite some time.


The supplement is no 'fountain of youth;' Jackson still struggles a bit to get up and moves more slowly now. I never would have caught him in a stand-still pose like this when he was younger!
After barn chores warmed me up this morning, I decided to stay outside and clean around the house while it was still dry. I swept the garage, and then took my broom and dustpan to the outside of the house. Chuckie had followed me from the barn.

 The steps down the south side of the house get covered with debris from the big evergreen there, and also grow a lot of moss. When it's dry, it scrapes off easily with the metal dustpan. In the photo below, I've scraped off the upper two step fronts but not the third yet.

Chuckie supervised, and enjoyed the sunshine. You know what they say. "Dogs have owners; cats have staff." 😁


That's it for today from . . .

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar