... Might I present something to really hack you off?
When it comes to legislative hi-jinks, the Texas State government has never failed to both amuse and disgust -- at the same time, in some instances.
In what other State would you have four State legislators take over the Speakers dais for the purpose of singing "I Had A Dream, Dear" in perfect harmony while over 150 of their buddies were flinging furniture and punching each others lights out?
The following, though, is pushing the limits. By way of Tolewyn:
Apparently, it seems to be common practice in the Texas Legislature that if a Congresscritter isn't present for a vote, any other Congresscritter can cast the vote for him.
I don't know about anyone else, but I elect my critters to State and Federal office to actually, you know, do some work. I vote for them; they vote for me -- that's the deal.
Them. Not someone in the next desk, not someone from the other party -- I want the bugsnipe whom I voted for to cast his own sodding vote on my behalf.
You know, you'd think I'd be used to this level of contempt from those sent to Austin and DeeCee to represent me -- but I still get disgusted and angry every time.
Damned critters.
LawDog

0 Yorumlar