Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Raindrops on roses




Thank you all for your dog advice, it is very much appreciated. I have been reading the manual in the chilly dawn hours and gradually learning about it all. Excitement is building, as you can imagine. And I'm trying to get things done now that might not get done later.

In the garden I've planted out the tomatoes and repotted a mint plant. Mint tends to be neglected a bit I think. When I went to Jekka's Herb Farm last year Jekka had the most glorious big round bushes of mint. She asked how many people had mint at home. Just about everyone stuck their hands up. Then she asked how many people's mint looked like hers. All the hands went down. She made the point that with a bit of care, repotting, mulching, that sort of thing, mint can look amazing. So when I saw my neglected pot of mint looking quite healthy I thought it deserved a decent pot and some new soil. I think I'll pinch the tips out and see if I can get it to stay bushy, rather than shooting for the sky.


The great tit chicks are no longer in the nest. To be honest I've no idea what happened to them. One minute the parents were in and out constantly, the next minute, radio silence. I think I saw a fledgling or two in the garden, so I'm hoping for the best.

The blackbirds are driving me to distraction, pulling the top layer of soil out of the pots and flinging it round the garden. I swept up at 6.30 the other morning. By the time I got back from the school run it was messy again. And of course once the blueberries are ripe they'll be here in full force. As I said to the children, if I catch one, I'm putting it in a pie.

A weekend of football and cricket awaits. I may try and sneak out to a local plant sale later, you know, just to look. I do love a nice ordinary weekend with local pottering and not too much rushing around. Any grand plans this weekend, or will it be an ordinary one? Whichever it is, enjoy. CJ xx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar