Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Pick yarr Pirates!

So many to choose from!

I've started and abandoned a Pirate Project a couple of times now.  The miniatures and rules maybe long gone on eBay, but I still have two half constructed ship to prove it.  Still there remains an interest especially with the small model count of the usual skirmish level game.  The biggest hurdle is probably building a ship, although in most cases you really don't need one.  It just seems a must though.

(Click on links to see Pirate miniature ranges.)

Wargames Foundry has a huge range!

I've owned a bunch of Wargames Foundry Pirates before which is a good line with lots of variety, but also suffers from being a bit cartoony/chubby when placed next to certain other ranges.  Crusader Miniatures and Artizan Designs seem to be on the same level.  I also like Black Scorpion's Pirate line, the only negative is that they are noticeably taller/bigger scale-wise when mixed with other lines.  Another concern is that a couple local players already have BS Pirates painted up and our crews might end up looking very similar.

 Black Scorpion Pirates

There's also Dixon, Old Glory, Reaper, Redoubt, Freebooter, Eureka Miniatures to name a few.  I'm sure I could never successfully compile a complete list as it seems almost everybody has at least a couple of pirates in their figure ranges.  Having said all that, the real inspiration for today's post is the recent news of North Star Military Figures entry into the Pirate ranks.  The initial pics look promising despite being painted a bit bright for my tastes.  I wonder how they would look in the colorful yet muted tones of the BS paint scheme above.

North Star's new Pirates!

 Help me pick 'em!

So now comes the participation part of the post.  Please place an answer/pirate feedback in the comments below. (Or else!)  Which pirate minis do you collect?  and why?  What's your favorite range?  Who's minis are the best?  Which lines are the most compatible?  Which ones would you choose?  In short....

PICK YARR PIRATES!!


.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar