Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Some Days - I Wish

 Some days I wish we could go back a little.  Back when life was not so modern and so complicated.  Back when there was less technology.  Back to a time of happiness and joy in even the smallest things.  Back to childhood and friends and family.  Back to a safer world.


Anyone remember when grocery stores were like this?  Power outage - who cares.  They could still operate the registers, they could still weigh your produce, they could still accommodate you in every way.  Clerks were friendly - and they often knew your name.

I remember play time was either in my yard or a friend's yard.  We played with whatever we had.  We used our imaginations.  We rode bikes,  We played in the creek for hours.  Walked to the small family owned grocery for penny candy!   No one watched us - yet everyone did.  Parents knew what was going on - we just didn't realize it.  All parents looked out for each others children.  No one was worried about perverts or child snatching.  We were safe.



I don't remember gas quite this cheap - but when I got my first car I do believe gas was about .30/gallon.  I could put $2 or $3 in the car and go for what seemed forever.  My first car was a 1964 Ford Galaxy - a tank!  Robin egg blue.  Paid $300 for it and I paid for it with money I had earned.  I got it is '72.  I made money on that car (that is another story).  I sold it in '74 and it was going for years after.
Service techs  pumped the gas, cleaned your windows and checked your oil if you so desired.  They would check your tires and add air if need be.  I know some people today find that hard to believe.

There is something about certain times of the year that just send me back in time.  I miss people I loved, I miss the innocent times.
I smell leaves burning - I go back in time.  I see a pile of leaves - I want to jump in.  I see pumpkins and apples, I remember having a ball at Halloween and at friends little parties.  I look out at the colors of fall and remember taking drives in the country with Mom and Daddy to the country (often to glean apples and persimmons and paw paws).
Mom would be gearing up for the holidays this time of year.  Canning was being finished, crafts were being done and baking would be starting soon.
Put on a sweater and sit out on the porch swing with my girlfriend or Mom and count cars or just sit and chat.  Making hot chocolate and having homemade cookies for a snack.  Caramel apples (homemade) and popcorn balls.
Aaahhhhhh fall!


Just for a while!!!!!  
I wouldn't want to miss all the wonderful things that came to pass after the 'old days' - but some days just a small visit back then would be fun.  
Many family members are gone, many friends from then are gone, the simple things and times are gone, BUT my memories are still VIVID.  
For that I say THANK YOU God!

Life is really short - the years go so quickly.  I can't believe I will be 66 this month, childhood seems like yesterday.  ENJOY every moment you can.  Live it to the fullest.  Make memories for others.
Blessings my friends.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar