It's still full house at the moment. The bathroom at my son's flat is almost, but not quite finished. Nearly three weeks now; not that I'm counting you understand. The emergency calls thankfully have diminished and we are just left with odds and ends to finish. Hopefully by the weekend they will be able to return and tranquility will descend. During the last few days I have been aware of a feeling of deja vu . Sibling rivalries at the tea table. Who gets the last chocolate eclair. Who can have a bath if the water is hot enough. I'm sure this feels familiar to many, but it's been missing for a while in this neck of the woods. I've even thought of drawing up a bath rota. Yes I really did have one in the past! There have been highlights too. Eldest cooked a delicious salmon thai curry the other night. Lots of ribald humour. It's going to be quiet when they go. My better half has increased his ironing load too. They will miss us as well. Washing, ironing and meals most nights. Meanwhile we have been exploring all corners of the Island when the weather permits. Yesterday we headed west to St Brelade's Bay. One of the very touristy beaches in the summer. One that we leave to the tourists in the summer. On this occasion we shared it with a few surfers enjoying the pounding waves rolling off the Atlantic.
Buffeted along the beach, the view towards Ouaisne was transformed by the odd sprinkle of sunshine, in the steel grey murk. The water took on a luminescence of its own and I shivered for the surfers. On the return they seemed to be getting the hang of the waves. Their black silhouetted bodies in contrast to the snowy, white breakers. Back home and chicken for tea. Latest happenings at the table. What more could a woman want. Barbara xxx
0 Yorumlar