Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cranberry Pistachio Shortbreads~

Every year I make shortbreads..these..every year:)without fail..



These are delicious too..and festive looking..
I think these were my favorite looking..

But this year I added some cranberries and pistachios to some~


While away in the USA..we went to Target a few times..It's such a lovely store..It always looks new..and fresh..and everything is always so tidy..
I found their holiday sections had great prices for the quality of the merchandise..I was able to pick up different wrapping sand add ons for gifts..
And these cute little things in their $ stands at the entrance..Small treat boxes and bakers  Christmas twine..

I opted for a recipe I found last year and refound this year..
Cranberry Pistachio Shortbreads as Jacques..likes everything in the recipe..
They are good and colorful and hold their shape very very well.

They stack up nicely..and tuck into the little gift bags perfectly..


The recipe is as easy as 1-2-3.

And you can find it here..at Joy of Baking..in it's entire form..

Or here..

La Recette:

2 1/3 cups of flour
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup or 2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temp
2/3 granulated white sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract..I use the bean paste
1 cup unsalted pistachios coarsely chopped
1 cup dried cranberries coarsely chopped

In a large bowl whisk flour and salt
In stand mixer..beat butter until smooth..add the sugar and beat until smooth and creamy...beat in vanilla..  gently stir in f lour mixture ..stir in nuts and cranberries making sure to incorporate evenly.

I formed mine into 2 logs.. and wrapped in Saran Wrap..refrigerated overnight..

The next day I sliced and baked on parchment papered cookie sheet at 325(pre-heated) for about 15-20 minutes.
Cooled on racks..


Enjoy..


..P.S.
You know I enjoy Pinterest...very much..

And sometimes I go to pin something and go to the source and I get a warning..so I do not proceed..
Last night..I pinned some chalkboard freebies---no warning..nothing..so I pinned to share..in one instant..an extra annoying toolbar inserted itself to my browsers..slowed everything down..went on AOL..Firefox..IE..Pinterest..etc..I spent at least 2 hours..Googling ...to remove..being led on a wild goose chase..Jacques stepped in also and found the last browser culprit..
So..just a head's up..that all is not what it appears..
Be cautious..these were cute and seemed harmless.



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar